A snow load on your roof might look nice, but it could be causing serious damage to your Colorado home. Reynolds Roofing Systems offers roof snow removal to homeowners in Denver and Colorado Springs. After the next blizzard, look for these 5 reasons for roof snow removal:
- Ceiling Sagging: If parts of your ceiling look like they are hanging, the snow might be putting excessive weight on the drywall
- Creak Noise: Sometimes creaking is caused by a sudden shift in the temperature, but if the cold weather is accompanied by snow and ice, it could also cause your roof to collapse
- Stuck Doors: Though it is not directly connected to the roof, your basement door being stuck from the snow indicates an excessive amount of ice and snow, meaning your roof should be checked as well
- Wall Cracking: The weight of snow can actually crack your walls, and create an immediately visible defect in your home
- Water Leaks: All that ice on your roof is adding to the weight of the snow, and can eventually turn into a water leak from your ceiling
Homeowners should be mindful of each of these symptoms, and if noticeable, should immediately contact Reynolds Roofing Systems for roof snow removal services. If you don’t see any of these symptoms, but still suspect a possible weight excess on your roof, it is always good to be proactive and have it checked.
Dangers of Roof Snow
If you decide to take a chance and leave the issues unresolved, you’re putting your home and family in danger. Your roof could collapse, residents could be injured by falling ice and snow, water damage could infiltrate your roofing structure, and worst of all, blocked vents can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Call (719) 368-7654 for roof snow removal in Denver and Colorado Springs.
Roof Inspections Are A Great Way To Avoid Costly Repairs Down The Line!
Many homeowners ask us how they can extend the life of their roofs without spending a large amount of extra money. One of the best pieces of advice we have for homeowners is to keep up with your annual roof inspections. By having your roof inspected and maintained annually, you can avoid serious roof problems, which can save you money and extend the life of your roof in years to come. Here are a few things you need to know about roof inspections and maintenance!
What Should You Expect?
Roof maintenance is designed to keep your roof in good condition, which can allow you to avoid bigger problems later on. For example, a single missing shingle can lead to serious water damage if left unattended. During roof maintenance, a qualified roofing inspector will thoroughly assess your roof for damages, and take time to sweep off leaves, dirt, and other debris that can harm your roof. While on the roof, you can count on your technician to examine all of the corners and eaves of your roof for early signs of trouble.If there are any small repairs needed, he or she will discuss low cost options you can explore to avoid higher cost necessities down the line.
Is Roof Maintenance Necessary?
Maintaining your roof on a regular basis is a prime way to ensure that your roof is free from serious damage. However, many homeowners skip this step, and wait until damages arise to call a roofer. At Reynolds Roofing Systems, we recommend that homeowners have their roofs inspected annually. As roofers, we’ve seen the difference something as simple a yearly maintenance can make, and the money it can save you! Proper maintenance can help you avoid structural damage and premature roof replacement!
If you need a roof inspection in Denver, CO, give us a call at (719) 368-7654 today to schedule you appointment!
For Roof Insulation Replacement Services, Give Our Roofers a Call!
Roof insulation is important in order to keep our homes nice and comfortable. Unfortunately, there will be times when roof insulation replacement is necessary. In order to know when it’s time to have your insulation replace, it’s important to know a few key signs to look out for.
Changing Temperatures Indoors
If the insulation in your attic has shifted, it can cause cold drafts in your home. Sometimes resetting the insulation or even adding more can remedy the situation, but more often than not a roof insulation replacement is the best solution.
Infestation of Animals
Animals such as rats, squirrels, and even snakes like to get in the attic or crawl space for shelter. When this happens, they can cause a lot of damage to the insulation. Not only that, animals have the potential to mess up your drywall, so getting this taken care of sooner rather than later is important.
Drafts Inside Your Home
Cold air from outside can seep into your home and cause unwanted drafts. This is usually due to a poor insulation job but can be taken care of with proper roof insulation replacement from a professional roofer.
High Energy Bills
This is a very common sign that your home has poor insulation. In order to get your energy bills to decrease, you will need insulation replacement that is done correctly and efficiently.
If you are needing roofing insulation in Colorado Spring, CO, give the experts at Reynolds Roofing Systems a call today at (719) 368-7654. For high-quality roofing insulation service, you can trust.
We may not all be roofing professionals, but there are things that we can keep our eyes peeled for. Here are a few warning signs that your asphalt shingles may need repairs.
- Broken Shingles – Shingles that are broken, or completely missing, significantly weakens the roof’s ability to shed water and can create water entryways causing serious damage. Typically, this is the result of physical damage or excessive wind.
- Buckling Shingles – Normally running vertically up the slope of a roof, buckling refers to the shingles that have a warped distortion. These shingles are easily effected by excessive winds and ice damage which makes them very easy to be torn off.
- Clawing Shingles – This is an indication of a roofing system that is aging and has endured excessive heat. Clawing, or curling, shingles can become stiff and easily break.
- Damaged Flashings – Lifting and separation can occur due to general contraction and expansion. Roof flashings that are most vulnerable are around chimneys, eaves, stacks, and etc.
- Missing Granules – You never want to wait on repairing your roofing system. It’s possible that something small can turn into a major concern if it isn’t resolved in a timely manner.
A great way to prevent roofing damages from getting worse is regular inspections and maintenance. The specialists at Reynolds Roofing Systems will perform a thorough inspection, provide you with a complete assessment outlining our findings. We will then provide suggestions on what your next steps should be. So if you want to set up an maintenance schedule, make sure that you give us a call at (719) 368-7654.