We may not all be roofing professionals, but there are things that we can keep our eyes peeled for. Here are a few warning signs that your asphalt shingles may need repairs.
- Broken Shingles – Shingles that are broken, or completely missing, significantly weakens the roof’s ability to shed water and can create water entryways causing serious damage. Typically, this is the result of physical damage or excessive wind.
- Buckling Shingles – Normally running vertically up the slope of a roof, buckling refers to the shingles that have a warped distortion. These shingles are easily effected by excessive winds and ice damage which makes them very easy to be torn off.
- Clawing Shingles – This is an indication of a roofing system that is aging and has endured excessive heat. Clawing, or curling, shingles can become stiff and easily break.
- Damaged Flashings – Lifting and separation can occur due to general contraction and expansion. Roof flashings that are most vulnerable are around chimneys, eaves, stacks, and etc.
- Missing Granules – You never want to wait on repairing your roofing system. It’s possible that something small can turn into a major concern if it isn’t resolved in a timely manner.
A great way to prevent roofing damages from getting worse is regular inspections and maintenance. The specialists at Reynolds Roofing Systems will perform a thorough inspection, provide you with a complete assessment outlining our findings. We will then provide suggestions on what your next steps should be. So if you want to set up an maintenance schedule, make sure that you give us a call at (719) 368-7654.